KLIA EKSPRES RIDE & WIN 2020 CAMPAIGN
Terms and Conditions
This KLIA Ekspres Ride & Win 2020 Campaign is organised by Express Rail Link Sdn. Bhd., hereinafter referred to as ERL.
- This Campaign is open to all valid KLIA Ekspres ticket holders aged 18 years and above (“Participant”), except employees of ERL and its subsidiary company, its shareholding and associate companies, its partners i.e. Tourism Malaysia and prize sponsors, its suppliers/vendors, contractors, advertising agencies, and immediate family members of such employees.
- By participating in this Campaign, Participants agree to be bound by the Campaign Terms and Conditions.
Campaign Period and Prizes
- The Campaign will run from 01 February 2020 to 31 December 2020, and the campaign period is divided into 10 Campaign Months.
- There will be one (1) Campaign Prize to be won each month, bringing the total to 10 Campaign Prizes up for grabs during the campaign period.
- Each Campaign Prize comprises a hotel stay with breakfast for two people for one (1) or two (2) nights depending on the location.
|Campaign Month||Period for
Submission of Entries
|01 February to 31 March 2020||2 Days/1 Night plus Breakfast for two people at Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur|
|01 April to 30 April 2020||2 Days/1 Night plus Breakfast for two people at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel|
|01 May to 31 May 2020||3 Days/2 Nights plus Breakfast for two people at Aloft Kuala Lumpur|
|01 June to 30 June 2020||3 Days/2 Nights plus Breakfast for two people at Element by Westin Kuala Lumpur|
|01 July to 31 July 2020||3 Days/2 Night plus Breakfast for two people at Hotel Stripes Kuala Lumpur|
|01 August to 31 August 2020||2 Days/1 Night plus Breakfast for two people at The Westin Kuala Lumpur|
|01 September to 30 September 2020||2 Days/1 Night plus Breakfast for two people at Sheraton Petaling Jaya|
|01 October to 31 October 2020||2 Days/1 Night plus Breakfast for two people at Le Méridien Putrajaya|
|01 November to 30 November 2020||3 Days/2 Nights plus Breakfast for two people at Four Points by Sheraton Kuala Lumpur, Chinatown|
|01 December to 31 December 2020||2 Days/1 Night plus Breakfast for two people at Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur|
- To participate in this Campaign, a Participant is required to submit an online entry which includes answering three simple questions through www.VM2020KLIAekspres.com/ride-and-win in the desired Campaign Month.
- Participants may submit any number of entries in any Campaign Month but each entry must be submitted with proof of purchase of any KLIA Ekspres ticket for a train journey between KL Sentral and KLIA/KLIA2, bought from the permitted sales channels during the campaign period from 01 February 2020 to 31 December 2020.
|Permitted Sales Channels||Proof of Purchase|
|www.KLIAekspres.com||Ticket Number on barcode ticket (alphanumeric 8 chars)|
|KLIA Ekspres app||Ticket Number on barcode ticket (alphanumeric 8 chars)|
|Self-service kiosk||Ticket Number on barcode ticket (alphanumeric 8 chars)|
|KLIA Ekspres Ticket Counter||Ticket Number on receipt (alphanumeric 14 chars)|
|Authorised Ticketing Agent||
Ticket Number on e-voucher or barcode ticket (alphanumeric 8 chars). The term Ticket Number may vary by agent, examples: Booking Ref., Voucher Code.
Please ensure the Ticket Number refers to the train ticket, and not the agent’s order or booking number.
- For the avoidance of doubt, KLIA Ekspres tickets issued by ERL on complimentary basis are not eligible to be used as proof of purchase.
- The purchase date of the KLIA Ekspres ticket does not need to correspond with the Campaign Month in which the entry is submitted. For example, a Participant can submit an entry in June 2020 with a ticket purchased in March 2020 as proof of purchase.
- One ticket number is entitled to one entry only. If the same ticket number is submitted for more than one entry, even for a different Campaign Month, all subsequent entries with the repeated ticket number will be disqualified.
- Each entry must be completed in full to be eligible for the Monthly Winner selection.
- The selected Winner for each Campaign Month will be required to submit a copy of the receipt/barcode ticket containing the submitted ticket number in order to claim the Campaign Prize.
Selection and Notification of the Monthly Winner
- The Winner for each Campaign Prize is selected based on the correct answers to the monthly questions.
- If there is no entry found with all the correct answers, the next nearest correct entry wins. If there is more than one entry with all the correct answers, the winner will be determined via the following method:
- Each valid entry with all the correct answers will be assigned an auto-generated random code.
- The total number of entries with all the correct answers will then be divided by 2 to get the middle value (or median if the total is an odd number).
- The entry that has the unique random code matching or closest to the middle value (or median) will be declared the Winner.
Total number of entries will all the correct answers = 100
Middle value after dividing by 2 = 50
The entry with the assigned random code of (or closest to) 50 will be declared the Winner.
Total number of entries will all the correct answers = 101
Median after dividing by 2 = 51 (rounded up)
The entry with the assigned random code of (or closest to) 51 will be declared the Winner.
- In the event a Replacement Winner is to be declared, the entry with the assigned random code preceding the middle value (or median) will be declared the Replacement Winner. In the above Example 1, the Replacement Winner is the entry with the assigned random code of 49. In Example 2, the Replacement Winner is the entry with the assigned random code of 50.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- ERL reserves the right to cancel/amend the Terms and Conditions of the Campaign without prior notice.
- ERL reserves the right to disqualify any illegible or incomplete entries, as well as those that do not comply with the Terms and Conditions of the Campaign.
- ERL will not be responsible for misdirected or lost entries.
- Picture(s) of the Campaign Prize(s) shown in any materials relating to this Campaign is/are solely for illustration purposes and may not depict the actual Prize(s).
- ERL reserves the right to substitute Prizes of equal or greater value without prior notice if the Prizes cannot be awarded as described for any reason whatsoever.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or other goods. All costs, fees and/or expenses incurred or to be incurred by the Winners in relation to the Campaign and/or to claim the Prizes including but not limited to the costs of transportation, courier, insurance, meals and any other costs, fees or taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Campaign Prizes are provided by ERL’s hotel partners. Participants and Winners hereby acknowledge and agree that ERL excludes all warranty and/or liability in connection with the awarded Prizes, and that the terms and conditions specified in connection with the Prizes are beyond ERL’s control. ERL is not responsible for investigating or resolving any disputes arising between the Winner and the hotel partner.
- Participants and Winners shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) resulting from their participation in the Campaign, redemption and/or usage of the Prizes.
- Prizes under this Campaign will be valid for use until the date specified in the e-certificates and are subject to the relevant terms and conditions applicable as stated in the e-certificates. The receipt of such e-certificates by the Winners do not constitute a reservation. Winners will have to make their own reservations based on the terms and conditions applicable to using them. If the Prizes remain unused or unredeemed after any specified date, the e-certificates will lapse and will not be replaced.
- All decisions made by ERL and the panel of judges are binding and final, and no correspondence will be entertained.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia and the courts of Malaysia shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Campaign or these terms and conditions.
- Winners are deemed to have given their consent and authorisation to ERL to publish or display their names or photos in the media, publicity materials and ERL’s Website for the purpose of this Campaign (where applicable) in any form, without prior notice or compensation.